As we approach the wonderful seasons associated with love and thanksgiving, I will try to increase the shared joy of what I find fascinatingly tied to all mankind, in hopes you feel it and enjoy it along with me. Songs are one ways we share these joyous time. Like one song in particular, The Little Drummer Boy, helps us focus on what we see, what we hear and how we can honor this king that was given to us as a gift. What a magnificent gift.
Yesterday’s post on the ABCs of God’s Love ties in with today’s thought of what do you hear or better yet, what do you listen to. And I am not referring necessarily to music but to everyday life. Do you hear the encouraging love of Christ or the demeaning ways of satan. So I added a list that has been floating around awhile but needs to have some serious thought applied to it, especially this time of year.
Do you hear…..
- Do you hear God’s voice as He stills your heart…..or satan’s rants as he rushes you along
- Do you hear God’s voice as He leads you along the narrow path …..or satan’s nudge as he pushes you in the wrong direction
- Do you hear God’s voice as He lovingly reassures you…. or satan’s screeching as he tries to frighten you
- Do you hear God’s voice as He enlightens your thoughts….or saran’s twists as he confuses your direction
- Do you hear God’s voice as He lavishes encouragement on you…..or satan’s demeaning discouragement
- Do you hear God’s voice as He comforts you…or satan’s negative overtures to make you worry
- Do you hear God’s voice as He calms you….or satan’s irrational thoughts of obsession
- Do you hear God’s voice as He lovingly convicts you to turn from sin….or satan’s foreboding condemnation of lost hope
God is love and He would never speak to you without love in His voice even when he disciplines us. He is always there for us, His timing is always perfect and He wants you with Him forever.
I always close my posts with a reminder to myself and others to always be kind. Let the smallest drop of kindness fall to create a ripple effect that can move across the oceans of life.